Thursday, March 17, 2011

Best $16 Ever

We haven't really written much if anything since we started the blog, not regularly anyways! And its not that I've been busy, it's just that I'm easily sidetracked. Like a squirrel. There is that!

Taricha and I have been enjoying the super nice weather lots! (despite a random day of random snow. How random?) One problem we started coming across is distractions. Winter walking was easy when we were the only crazies outdoors. Now it's nice, everyone is out and the simple buckle collar we were using for walks wasn't cutting it. She was pulling more despite various methods of getting her to stop. Maybe it's her breed, but I could yank on her neck all day with a collar and she wouldn't feel it, notice it or care. Her neck and shoulders are probably her strongest body parts and I would not be defeating them easily. (not counting that mouth of hers.... sheesh)

Unless I bought one of these, best $16 ever!

I really had no idea that walking could be THIS easy! It's near magical. I've heard people go nuts over the Easy-Walk harness (or any front clipping harness) but I thought it was unnecessary until now.... and now I understand. From the get go, she pulled a total of three times and realized her entire super strong front half was going nowhere. Easy street. She's paying attention to me more, refuses to put tension on the leash, distractions are still distractions and we have a long ways to go in that area but at least she keeps walking when I ask her to!

Oooh and happy St patty's and all that shizznazz!

3 comments:

  1. You look so nice modeling your new harness. Happee St. Patrick's Day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Easy-Walk is a great product, and we're glad it's working for you. The easier walks are, the more frequent they will be, and that makes such a huge difference in so many areas!

    Happy St. Patty's Day, and Happy Walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of those...Wyatt still pulls!!

    ReplyDelete